Wednesday, July 15, 2009
New Edition Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTSi
2009 New Edition Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTSi launched
It's finally here! Bajaj Auto has launched India fastest bike at a price that's some rock to the ships of other activities motorbike makers!
Bajaj Auto has launched version of it in 2009, the performance of India's flagship bike, the Pulsar 220 DTSi. The Power bike was introduced at a
price point is very competitive Rs 70,000 aprox in Delhi - what we predicted just before the bike was launched. The car was officially the fastest Indian motorcycle on the street, a fact that is confirmed by the team Bikemenu reviewers and Riders test. Have more on it in Blistering road testing by us, but now, we will focus on the highlights of the new bike.
The Pulsar 220 DTSi 2009 is more than just a non-fuel-injected version of the DTS-Fi. Intuitive, the car has a black-all treatment with black Forks, swingarm, alloys and paint engine. Images tit-bit is chiseled 3d graphics, a redesigned platform and modified clip-on handlebars.
The changes are starker in the innards of the bicycle.
The new engine shares the same size as the 220 DTS-Fi, but now breathes through a 32mm carburetor with a venturi feature automatic choke. Power output was pegged at 21.04PS @ 8500rpm, and though Torque remains the same in 19.12Nm, up to now in a high 8000rpm, the signal revvy nature of motorcycles with Torque ample to with it.
With the newfound performance and achieving affordable enticingly this has continued with Bajaj Pulsar traditional power supply for the new 220 DTSi is good. To learn everything there is about a Power Bike, although you will need to check our out before all-other-road test!
Pulsar 220 DTSi Design & Devices:-
As usual, new Bike, play features designed. It is a heavy bike, a MACHO style bike and the fastest bike in the Power category. If you love the power and thrill of the ride then this is the ideal vehicle for you.
Below is a list of equipment to upgrade the bike:
* Carbon fibre diffuser.
* A 32mm venturi carburetor, the biggest ever used in India.
* The intake port in the cylinder head of the new Bajaj 220 Pulsar DTSi has been modified with higher lift and duration cam.
* The Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTSi features temperature based ignition mapping which gives the bike a good “startability” and high torque.
* A larger resonator and catalytic converter.
* Clip-on handle bar.
* Split seats.
* Engine oil cooler.
* Fuel and battery charge indicators.
Overall height: 1165 mm
Overall length: 2035 mm
Ground clearance: 165mm
Wheelbase: 1350 mm
Kerb weight: 152 kg
Engine type: Single-cylinder, 4-stroke, Air-cooled, DTS-i
Displacement: 220 cc
Stroke: 62.4 mm
Valvetrain: SOHC, two valves per cylinder.
Comp ratio: 9.5:1
Carburettor: UCAL UCD 32
Maximum power: 21ps@ 8500 rpm
Maximum torque: 19.12 NM@ 7000 rpm
Power to weight: 138.15 PS/ton
Ignition: CDI Electronic
Gears: 5-speed constant mesh.
Gearshift pattern: 1-down, 4-up.
Primary drive: Gear
Final drive: Chain
Type: Double downtube frame
Front suspension: 37 mm inner diameter 130mm telescopic forks.
Rear suspension: Hydraulic, Gas-filled.
Front brakes: 260 mm disc brakes.
Rear brakes: 230 mm disc brakes.
Front tyre: 90/90X17 Tubeless
Rear tyre: 120/80X17 Tubeless
Battery: 12 V 9 Ah, Maintenance free.
Instrumentation: Digital speedometer, Analog tachometer, Digital fuel gauge,Tell-tale lights.
Some Changes In The New Model:
1. Carbureted: In a lovely try to provide their performance (by reducing costs) but still maintain the required in mind, Bajaj has dispensed off with Fuel Injector of Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi. Now the trucks come with Indias largest 32mm Ucal UCD 32 venturi carburetor in place of Delphi throttle-body type is provided in the fuel injection system Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi.
2. Power Results: The force of bicycles increased from 20 Ps (@ 8500 rpm) of the DTS-Fi to a whooping PS 21/04 rpm in the same figure, full of more horsepower fuel injected mill turn the 20 bhp It jinx that we have been very difficult for a long time. Torque the same number remaining in the Year 19/12 carbureted Pulsar does it in that 7000 rpm is 500 rpms than fuel injected versions. This also ensures the revvy natural tool rich with all Torque available through the.
3. New Piston: Keep cylinder similar size in 67 * 62.4 mm, the piston now to a screen in a new graphite-based materials Malycote help in reducing friction between piston and cylinder walls and also can improve the engine's anti-seizure traits.
4. Oval Pent Roof Combustion Room: The bike is also an oval shaped roofs Combustion chamber allows to maximize the charge density of the road that flame propagation, ensuring maximum, even with no leaner Combustion air-fuel ratios.
5. Air Cooler larger: The engine remains air-cooled as in the DTS-Fi, but necessary to maintain a cool temperature stability will now larger than the air-cooler on the bike with more than 33 percent of cooling the area to ensure that bike running cool even under high temperature.
6. All new system Ignition: The bike is a combination of all of the new system with the engine ignition temperature Sensors built into the cylinder head to support a rider in a perfect drive without any Tổn Torque real apartment or any place.
7. All new auto Choke: With this version of Bajaj has to ensure that users not be cold, starting with the problems of bicycle, now is the carbureted version. To this may be the problem, this cycling with a load of auto-choke allows the bike to start in the coldest environment easily.
8. All new Clutch Assembly: The biggest problems with previous iterations of the Pulsar range is a missing leg and a lack of answers from feeling under the slightest load. Bajaj seems to have paid a special attention this before and all of the sports car fully enclosed a blanket provided by the FCC Riko. The bike has a slick and reported feeling better than previous iterations that make better, even a bicycle to ride.
9. All new internals Box: Add to a new foot system, Bajaj has ensured that all issues are called rectified. This gearbox, which is one of the biggest problems for Bajaj, has been overhauled with a number of components change. The bicycle was reported to Pulsar slickest to date.
10. All-black theme: The bike is a black-all themes with black alloys, engine, swingarm Forks and other iterations of the same stable and do bike to find a killer.
11. Soft Compound Tyres: The truck comes with soft compound reminiscent R15 tubeless tyres which makes a dream bike to handle, while on the corner and can also ensure that bicycles are under extreme or harsh braking. The tyres are the same size for front is 90/90 * 17, and after a meaty 120/80 * 17 but killer support for the overall look of the bike.
12. Design new logo: The bike is also a recognized symbol of metal protruded reminiscent to New Pulsar Pulsar 180 2009 edition. It also gets a revamped clip-on bar manager with a redesigned control platform.
13. Catalytic Converter: The bicycle, now, with the exclusion of Fuel injector, with a catalytic tool to convert absorbed the toxic gas from the exhaust and turn and make sure that bike to meet be the early implementation of Bharat Stage 4 pollution standards.